#autism #autismawareness #specialchildren #childrenwithautism
The first remedy starts at home…
Some important home remedy parents can do at home…
– Spend Quality Time and make it experiential for child
– Play with your child in different environment and objects for exposure
– Child active participation in activities of daily living
– Sensory break at regular intervals
– Labeling of objects around and in environment
Important tips for parenting a child with autism.
– Be consistent with your child – Constantly practice at home the same exercises or things he/she has learned during therapy or a counselling session.
– Have a pre-planned schedule for your child and work according to that – Autistic children perform way better when they are in a constant highly-structured routine.
– Appreciate your child when he/she performs well with an exercise. Positive reinforcement is a long way forward with these children.
– Keep a safety zone in the house for your child to relax.
– Look out for non-verbal cues and get better with them.
– If your child throws a tantrum, try to patiently understand the reason for it. – Many times, children with ASD are hypersensitive to light, sound, touch, taste and smell, while some are “under-sensitive” to sensory stimuli.
– It is also very important to be observant of your child’s behavior, the triggers that affect them adversely, the things that they would enjoy, their strengths, weaknesses, etc.
– As a parent, you must also know the best form of learning for your child.
– Most importantly, always research well and get an efficient therapist for your child. Do not delay in starting the necessary treatment.
– Be it therapists or educationists, parents should honestly share their observations with them so that the professionals can accordingly tailor the program for the child.
– Always read, reach out to experts and educate yourself about autism.
– Go for counselling sessions together.
– Always be supportive and involved.
– It is very crucial and significant for parents and professionals to work in collaboration for the benefit of the child. This ensures that the child gets faster and better results.
To get in touch with us:
– Raah –
Monica Saraf Sharma
(Psychologist and Special Educator)
Call: 9769682649 / 8928235804
Address- Holistic Health Care Center, B-2/Ratna Jyot Bldg., 60 Feet Rd, Bhayandar West, Maharashtra 401101
Follow us on
https://www.instagram.com/raah.a.hope… https://www.facebook.com/raah.a.hope/ Website www.raah.co.in
View original video here.